Developers interested in trying IOS 5 'new play mirroring for FaceTime on the iPad 2 and Apple TV? It's a great way to take a personal video calls between family or business associates and make them call the group that everyone can get involved in.
You need to make sure that you have the iPad 2 and Apple TV both in IOS 5 beta 3. If you are a developer, you can grab all the software you need through Apple's developer portal. If you have not joined already, here's how to become a paid member.
Remember, only two iPad could do Mirroring Airplay. You can call your iPad 2 from the iPhone or iPod touch 4 4, but you can not mirror display devices'. IPad 2 display only.
Note: Before you install, make sure you UDIDs registered with Apple. You may not be able to activate your device if you do not correctly registered UDIDs.
- Install IOS 5 beta 3 on the iPad 2 using iTunes 10.5 beta 3.
- Install IOS 5 beta on your Apple TV. You must be tethered to your computer using a USB to micro USB cable. Once again, Xcode is recommended.
- Make sure both devices on the Wi-Fi the same
- Open FaceTime on the iPad 2. (Or, conversely, waiting for someone to contact you at FaceTime)
- Double click the Home button to open the App Switcher Quickly.
- Swipe from left to right to get to the Airplay
- Airplay Press and select the Apple TV as a source.
- Mirroring switch to On